Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions.
Agreement on the basis these terms and conditions arise upon the fulfilment of all the following: receipt by Forest Knights of a completed booking form accompanied by the payment or deposit specified; clearance of the payment into the bank account; acceptance by Forest Knights in writing.
Forest knights reserves the right to without the need give reasons, to refuse to accept a booking. In such circumstances no agreement arises and Forest Knights will return any payment accompanying the booking.
The agreement is between Forest Knights and the client(s) and is the sole agreement between them. No changes in the terms and conditions shall be applicable unless agreed in writing by Forest Knights prior to the course.
- Full payment is required for courses commencing in 9 weeks or under. For courses starting due to start in 9 weeks or greater then a deposit of 50% of the total course fee is required. The remainder of the outstanding balance is required 4 weeks to the commencement of the course. Should this not be received then the agreement shall be considered cancelled by the client.
- Whilst every effort is made to limit prices to those given at booking, Forest Knights reserves the right to alter prices should the costs in hosting a course increase beyond our reasonable control. In the event of an increase then the client will be informed in writing as soon as possible. In the unlikely event of an increase beyond 10% then the client may cancel the booking and all monies paid will be refunded.
Cancellation by Client.
- If the booking is cancelled by the client(s) for any reason the following cancellation charge will arise.
Cancellations before 8 weeks from the commencement of the course will incur a 50% charge. Cancellations before 1 month from the commencement of the course will incur a 100% charge.
Variation of the course by Forest Knights.
- A Forest Knights course is exposed to the elements, therefore it my be necessary to alter a course itinerary at short notice to account for the conditions. The client accepts that this may be necessary occasionally and does not hold Forest Knights liable for any losses associated with that change.
- Forest Knights courses take place in the natural environment and by their nature is not totally risk free. Forest Knights endeavours to ensure that all risks are minimised and instructs clients how to negotiate those hazards that remain. The client acknowledges there are circumstances were an accident could befall a client without Forest Knights being at fault and accepts that to hat extend that the clients is participating at their own risk.
Forest Knights only accepts liability for physical injury to a client that is shown to result from negligence on the part of Forest Knights.
- In the unlikely event that a client has a complaint about a Forest Knights event then the client should bring this to the attention of Forest Knights during the event so that corrective action can be taken where possible. However should a complaint not be resolved during the event then a letter should be sent to Forest Knights within 28 days? To this extent under the law Forest Knights shall not be liable if a complaint in not received within 28 days from the close of the relevant event.
Conduct on the Course.
- The client accepts that for the duration of the course he/she is required to summit to the reasonable instructions of the Forest Knights team. The client accepts that Forest Knights may without giving a reason arrange for them to be removed from a course. Forest Knights operates a zero tolerance policy towards disorderly or abusive behaviour. Substance misuse will result in the client being removed from the course. A client may be removed if they have inadequate clothing or equipment or are incapable of meeting the demands of the course. In such circumstances a client will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid and Forest Knights will not be liable to any losses.
- The client accepts that they must sign and complete a consent form, which must be returned to Forest Knights 2 weeks prior to the start of the course. The consent forms will be sent to the clients on receipt of the final payment.
- All clients must sign and complete a medical questionnaire, which must be returned to Forest Knights 2 weeks prior to the start of the course. The client(s) acknowledges consent for Forest Knights to perform any First Aid treatment they deem necessary until the emergency services arrive. No liability will be accepted for any losses incurred as a result of any First Aid intervention performed by suitably qualified Forest Knights staff.
- Forest Knights holds full third party and public liability insurance. However it is the client(s) responsibility to ensure that they have adequate holiday cover for personal injury and cancellation.