3 Day Cookery Course.
This course is for the outdoor gourmet. Learn to identify which plants provide the tastiest meals. Wild foods when carefully collected provide a welcome alternative to vitamin free processed foods. Learn the skills of our ancestors and open your palate to a world of free food
You need never go hungry again. Forest Knights will teach you all the skills you need to prepare and cook your foods to ensure you long-term survival in the remotest parts of the world.
Learn how to cook with a variety of traditional methods.
Build a clay oven.
Make your own Camp Breads and Bannocks. Will can teach you how to prepare game. You will discover how many common plants can be enjoyed from elder flowers and acorns.
We will also have an opportunity to travel to the coast to collect a variety of coastal plants and shellfish.
By the end of the course we hope you will:
- Be Able To Identify Common Useful Trees And Plants
- Be Able To Identify Poisonous Plants And Fungi.
- Be able to prepare game.
- Understand the importance of good nutrition.
- Be able to Identify edible seaweed.
- Have knowledge of different foraging techniques.
- Learned how to minimise the environmental impact of our activities.
- Be Able To Cook using a variety of methods in the outdoors over an open fire.
- Have Gained Knowledge of Foraging and the law.
Maximum Course Size 8.
Duration Friday – Sunday.
25th – 27th March 2011 (Spring Foods).
23th – 25th September 2011 (Autumn Foods).